Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mbarara University Student Medical Dinner

Hey Guys! Sorry I haven't updated my blog in awhile. (Man...Amie you are extremely demanding...you know some people are busy serving Jesus and thats why they can't update their blog everyday...HA!! Seriously I REALLY DO LOVE YOU GIRL!!) Anyways - to those who were truly concerned I'm still alive and I am having some fun here. These pictures are from the Student Medical Dinner that is hosted annually here in Mbarara. The medical dinner is hosted by one of the local schools and is a time for relaxation for the students. We enjoyed a nice meal and live entertainment(dancing- which was AMAZING and some comedian performed - but I didnt understand the language -so I didnt laugh at the right moments;) My friend Anthea didn't have a 'date' and wasn't going to go. I told her "You absolutely have to go!!!" Why miss out because you don't have a date??? It didn't make sense to me! So .....you can probably guess what happened. Yeah...THIS VERY WHITE NON-MEDICAL STUDENT went as Anthea's date!!! We went to town and each of us found a black dress and attended ! I even found heels! I was pretty proud of myself! Although, I don't think they will go with the dress I am wearing for Jessie's weddin. (So keep your eyes open still Aud!!) My favorite part of the evening was hanging out with my friends! Rolland & Elijah the two guys I am pictured with above kept me laughing the whole night! Rolland kept dedicating songs to Elijah's girlfriend and even asked her to dance just to get a reaction out of him! Their constant teasing back and forth reminded me Cory picking on little Rob or vice versa. Anyways...My friends were VERY SURPRISED that I showed up and more importantly I think my good buddy Anthea had fun!






















































4 comments:

The Sexton Crew said...

Hey- your public has a right to current and accurate news. I am the voice of the people and the people thank you for the update!

Rolland, eh? You're sure his name's not Motagwimbo? Just checking.

Can't wait to see you, girl!
Amie

lisaqshay said...

Yep. What she said. Lisa Shay here, Jena. I've been watching and reading your Adventures and enjoying every minute of it! Keep the frequent posts comin'!

Anonymous said...

amie, rolland's last name is mutumba...which is close...however he's not a prince...he's studying to be a doctor! sorry to disappoint! LOL jena

Jessica and Brandon said...

I miss you and can't wait to see you at the wedding. It looks like the dinner was a lot of fun. Rachel (Little) Short had her baby. A girl! Mary Hudson Short. Both Rachel and Mary Hudson are doing great. Send me a skype message if you get a chance.

Love and Hugs
Jessica