Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I FEEL LOVED




Last week, after a very long day - I was riding home with Dr.Pepper and he asked me if I wanted to stop and check the mail - how I could I decline the offer - I had heard that a couple of care packages were coming to me in the mail. "Sure sounds good - I am expecting some goodies..." Pepper went into the post office and quickly came out with four package slips for me ;)
I wanted to thank the following people for their generosity:


CAPENT - Thank you Sawyer soo much for the food and stickers. Wish you could have seen the faces of the children when we passed the stickers out. Even some of the ladies I work with in the clinic wanted them. It reminded me of our sticker "battles" between you and I. Good memories. I also appreciate the prayer letter and the faithfulness of your church body to pray for me. Peggy - Thank you for the candles! I LOVE THE SCENT. Sawyer - Please let the others know how grateful I am for their support. Bean ;)


TAGERS: Katie - I received the package with the Old Navy shirts, kitchen bags and candles. Thank you for answering this random/specific request - YOU ARE GOOD TO ME! White shirts don't really last long here and apparently africans don't use trash bags. I wanted to let Jordie know that I put the newspaper article of his cross country meet up on my fridge. I AM SOO PROUD OF HIM!


SHNARRON: WOW ! I loved your package! It was girlie and fun! The journal will come in handy - Can't wait to share my thoughts and stories with you one day! So much to tell. The candy was AMAZING- I have tried to limit myself - to make it last longer ;) I also wanted to let you know that I have put the "doodle" markers to use already - I am like a little kid when it comes to coloring - YOU KNOW ME TOO WELL. My favorite was your card - because you gave me a Gavin Mac. update. Its hard not being around to "hang" out with you and your growing family. Please know that I LOVE AND MISS YOU SHANNON. I've told Mom to give you a hug - so if she has forgotton -please remind her.


MOM&DAD: Last but not least....Where do I start...how about with the Velveeta Mac and Cheese. YUMMY! That definitely did not last long. Secondly, the shirts fit nicely Mom (I especially like the gray one from Tarjay) - you are becoming quite the expert on picking clothing items out for me. You never know I might make a shopper out of you. LOL I also enjoyed getting "my" slippers in the mail. They are keeping my feet warm on these stormy days we've been having lately. SO AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR BLESSING ME.


CONCLUSION:
THANK YOU ALL FOR SPOILING ME!!! I FEEL SOOOO LOVED
XXXOOO JENA ( aka Bean, Friend, Daughter,Baby Duck)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie
glad you got your packages and wow so many yoj are loved and we think of you and pray for you daily
just wondering if you got Grandma packages
she sent 2
she does check your blog spot with us or Uncle Jerry
so let her know
ok
if you did not get them then we need to know that as well
take care love ya bunches
anyother requests for goodies??
Jordie had another great race today and personal best record last Friday
he ran the 5k in 19:18
he is a machine
hugs and kisses the Tager clan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jena,
So you're going to learn to live the African life from A to Z.!!:)
Hmmm. What an amazing experience!
Thanks for reminding us back home to smell the roses. What would be your African name?
Thinking of you and praying for you. You are blessing so many.
Love you much,
Mary Margaret

Anonymous said...

Jena, I miss you so much. Kristen came by this week and she is doing well in school. Debbie B. and Dee Dee also contributed goodies..there were not there the day I did the the card. WHO LOVES YA BEAN....SAWYER DOES! Give me the process to come visit when you have time. I am goign to check in to the plane flight $$..see you soon