Thursday, October 11, 2007

ROSES


Ohh how Jesus continually blesses my soul! Whether its a flower in my yard or a person that crosses my path during the day. These flowers outside my home are so pretty ! I guess My Creator had fun making these. CHALLENGE THIS WEEK FOR FOLKS BACK HOME: Take time to "stop and smell the roses! " Really in all seriousness - Make sure your life doesn't get to busy that you don't take time to appreciate what the Heavenly Father has so graciously given to us for our enjoyment. He didn't HAVE to make flowers right???... And the rose in your life right now might not be an actual flower but a person instead. People are definitely more important. Pictured Above: This is Teddy - She is the "nurse" that works in the ped. clinic with me. This lady is a very hard worker and has become a dear friend. She was very excited to have her picture taken with me - especially because I told her I was going to show it to folks back home. I can't wait to see how God works in her life. Anyways - Pictured Below: Peace and I went out for home visits and we were both surprised to find that one of our clients had recently had a baby. I was sooo thrilled when the mom let me to hold this little one. The baby's name is Jordan. HOW COOL IS THAT - Jordan isn't a typical Ugandan name in case you were wondering. I had Peace translate and tell the mother that I had a brother with the same name. So Jor - I was definitely thinking of you today. I want you to know I LOVE YOU AND THANK JESUS FOR PLACING YOU IN MY LIFE.




5 comments:

Jessica and Brandon said...

Thank you for your encouraging message. What a precious baby. I love the photo of you and Teddy she looks so nice. I wish I could meet her. I dreamed I was in Africa with you last night. I guess it was a memory from TZ floating to the service, but it made me miss you both, so I prayed for you and the people of Mbarara a lot today.

Love,
Jessica (Jay-see-cah)

Zachary said...

Dear Cousin Jena,

My mom was reading me your blog - this is our first time ever reading one. You sound really cool. It sounds like you are having a really good time.

I looked on the globe to see where Africa is - wow that would be a long bus ride.

take care-

Zachary Thornton

Anonymous said...

Grace and peace our sister,
Know of our love and prayers for you. The Lord your God says, Do not be afraid, Be strong and courageous. I am a shield about you and the lifter of your head.
We love your blog spot thingy and will show a significant portion to the Driven class this Sunday to help them with their prayers for you. We all miss you. Drew, Lisa, and Aizlyn.

Tara said...

Hi Jenna! I lost your blog address for a while and recently got it back. I'm so excited about what you're doing! Now I need to spend some time reading older posts!
Love you!
~~Tara~~~

The Millenders said...

11/29 -- Welcome back, Jenna! We have been praying for you. We hope you learned a lot at 40/40, and we prayed for your prayer retreat as well. Happy Thanksgiving! Much love, the millenders