Sunday, August 19, 2007

Turning 23 in AFRICA HOW CRAZY IS THAT!


Hey Everybody! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! The picture below of me in my bro's ball cap is the night before my bday - i was having a pretty rough week and I received news from Adam Pepper that I had received a package from back home - so I drove my car in the dark to retrieve it because I could not wait! Thanks Mom and Dad it did arrive on time! And Maddie your card came along with it and was a much needed treat:) For those who I know me - bdays are a big deal for this girl - and are always well celebrated by the thornton and tager bunch....and this one wasn't half bad! Even though I missed being with my family - I was in the company of friends - and I did manage to eat well. I got to enjoy homemade pizza, orange fanta and peanut butter cake! I also had some yummy coffee with vanilla powder added to it! how wonderful!

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the following- for remembering my birthday - you guys are the best!

Cards: Aunt Bonnie, Katie & Dad,Jor, Maddie, Aunt Carolyn & Uncle Chuck, Miguel

Packages: The Stickley Family, Grandma Steph & Pastor Richard, "Babysitter", and Mom and Dad (for paying an arm and leg to get me my present on time)


Also thank you Mr.Ron for the sweet note you wrote on the box - I have not yet made friends with the mail guy here ;) Miss you!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Awhh it's so fun to see pictures of old friends. Lillian was a special friend to me, we used to go jogging a lot together. And Peace looks so good. Please tell her I said hello..tell her she is looking 'strong' :) Seeing your pictures makes me miss that place, not just Spencer :) Glad that the Pepper kids were a joy to you and that you are doing ok. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you.