Sunday, August 5, 2007

I LOVE ME SOME AFRICAN CHILDREN! ;)

Hey All! Don't really know where to begin...but I will start my praising God for the children. I've been in country for a little over 3 weeks and the children are just now starting to find me - I know it shouldn't be too hard - not like there are many white folks around - but anywho I liked to share how I have recently been blessed by their sweet company. Today in church - I walked in late ( the Peppers were out of town nice excuse I know) - so I "snuck" in and found a seat on the back row - to my suprise when I opened my eyes later from worshipping - I looked down to see a pew full of kids surrounding me . They all wanted to greet me and then they began to stare at me. (something I will just have to get use to) During the service I glanced behind me to find that one of the little girls had climbed on top of her friend who was her same size just so she could sit closer....I couldn't help but smile - Anyway I also wanted to share how God has also proved to be faithful to me through his word - Here it goes! Christ 's words may seem a bit harsh or rather boldly stated in the following - but stick with me through the whole passage - Relax and "Chew on the Meat!"

Verse :
...Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me: and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it...and if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." (matt.10:37-42) ..."Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (matt.11:28-30)

Challenge: What or Who are you living for? What dO you have to offer?
















Photos:(1) The baby pictured above is an infant I found under a patient's bed in the hospital - she had a sweet laugh - I pray the memory of her chuckle stays with me for a long while. (2) A few children that approached as during home visits.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Awww! I would love to see those African babies just ogling you! hehe

Jessica and Brandon said...

How Cute! Those babies are precious. I am not surprised they love you.

Wow, your random short story about your eventful walk to work... I am speechless. You handled that very well. You rock!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Bean! I miss you! It is amazing how much closer we can be to the Lord without all the destractions of modern society! I long to be there with you....I will pray specifically for you this morning. Things are good at CAP, Jennifer is looking "Prego" and so cute...an of course Ashley too.(She is always so cute) Do you have a mailing address? If so could you email it to me? I would love to come and visit if there is a way to work that out..we will talk more about that later. "Who loves you!" I do! and of course Jesus. Hey have you heard the song East to West? If not youtube it! I miss having you here with me.

Love You, Stink Bug

Anonymous said...

those little kids! are soo cute!

Anonymous said...

hi jena
so good to see your pictures and read your updates
wow
what an experience
you are so strong
you are in my prayers daily
thinking of you
23
glad you had fun on your birthday and your cards arrived
love ya bunches
praying for you and cory and the work you are doing
you are awesome and yes What an awesome God we serve
and you are an awesome servant
know we love ya
we have tried many times to send comments
so we will try again
God Bless
love Katie and Dad, Jordan as well