Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kobusinge

Hey!!!!! Sooo - I maybe a little slow but it just dawned on me that my term here in UG is almost coming to a close...May is just around the corner. I can't believe its already March. CRAZINESS!!! Nways, I am amazed at how great my God is and I can't even begin to describe all the wonderful things HE has done in my life here in Africa. One thing that he has been teaching me lately is about peace. Kobusinge was a nickname I was given when I use to do homevisits. The name in Ruyankore means that 'peace is with you'. Its quite humbling to think that when someone looks at you they see peace. Its even more humbling to think about when you replace that with 'Jesus (himself) is with you'. Hmmm - Can't say I always live up to that one...I think of Bean, Angel Bunny, Baby Duck, Ms. Stephanies Fav, and the other random nicknames I have been given over the years - and though they are fun and mean much to me - they dont really have any spiritual significance. I mean don't get me wrong I can most of the time live up to Bean :) ...but Kobusinge is who I should strive to be. When people (whether white, brown, yellow, or red) look at me I hope they see the Prince of Peace. Peace himself gave me the above sunrise over the water setting to forever hold in my mind when I think of this place...and he also gave me this passage last night when my brain couldn't shut off. Proverbs 3:21- 26 'My child, hold on to wisdom and reason. Don't let them out of your sight! They will give you life. Like a necklace, they will beautify your life. - Then you will go on your way in safety. - And you will not get hurt - You won't need to be afriad when you lie down. - When you lie down, your sleep will be peaceful. You won't be afraid of trouble coming suddenly. You won't need to fear the ruin that comes to the wicked. The Lord will keep you safe. He will keep you from being trapped.'

No comments: